|
|

The Brothers Islands Lighthouse, Red Sea

The Brothers Islands light house, Red Sea
The lighthouse is located on the big brothers island (Al Akhaween), one of the Red Sea Marine Parks, located 65km to the east of El Qusier City south of Hurghada in the Middle of the Red Sea and just 400m from Long Rocky Island.
The lighthouse was built on the 1883 by the British and renewed on the 1993. It’s still active and opened for visitors which might by allowed climbing the tower after the permission of the Egypt coast guard and Egyptian navy which is excited in the Island.
The lighthouse is built from unpainted stone tower & white Lantern.
Highest is around 36m (118 ft) and it flashes every 5 seconds, The Fresnel lens is still working and must be turned by hand clockwise every 4 hours.